If you are trekking all of the GR20, this is roughly the middle of the route. Vizzavona is on the rail route, so there are a lot of people constantly arriving and departing. There is a choice of different accommodations in Vizzavona with wide ranging prices and levels of service, they all have hot water!
- Hotel Restaurant Le Vizzavona. Offers 123 bedrooms on half board or full board an a gite with dormitories. Situated a couple of hundred metres away uphill from the railway station in lovely grounds.
- Hotel U Castellu. Situated off the main road. This hotel offers a small selection of cosy rooms and a good restaurant with regular music nights.
- Hotel Monte d'Oro, this is a splendid oldy wordly hotel and gite. It is situated just off the main road and is higher up at the Col itself. Its marked on the maps as La Foce. The Monte d'Oro hotel has a reputed ivy clad restaurant. The gite opposite is good value for money, the rooms take 3-4 people and have a shower and toilet in each room. The restaurant and bar are efficient, good value foor money and plentyful portions. The gite has a washing and drying machine for any wet gear you might have.
- Casa Alta Chambres d'Hôtes. Situated off the main road. The rooms here are lovely and the welcome friendly. The owners go out of their way to include good local home made products. The place is attractively decorated, the food and service well appreciated.
- Alzarella. This campsite is right next to the train station among the trees. The washing facilities are good, its possible to dry gear on clothes lines. There is a small dormitory with indoor bunks and good matresses.
The railway station in Vizzavona, is blotted in the middle of a pine tree forest. There is a small shop where you can stock up on supplies. You can enjoy a meal or a drink at the 'Restaurant de la Gare.' If you are taking an extra rest day, it is possible to take the train into Corte and back.